CWAL Ops Wiki     CWAL Ops DKP     CWAL IRC     Manno Forums     Wowhead     CWAL Gaming     WoW Progress - Mannoroth     World of Logs - Ops 

CWAL Ops

http://youtu.be/cbpuzYtp43Q
It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:37 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Level 80 Warlock (of Doom)
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:25 am  

Corrupter of Cookies

Disclaimer: Leaks are to be treated as rumor until proven true. Take this at face value

http://wotlk.wikidot.com/

Suspected Changes:

- Demon Skin/Armor now increase healing on the Warlock by 20% instead of giving health regeneration.
- Demon Armor no longer increases Shadow Resistance.
- Fel Armor now allows 30% of your mana regeneration to continue while casting, but no longer increasing the effects of healing you receive.
- Howl of Terror now has a percentage of base mana cost instead of fixed cost.

Affliction

New spells:
Haunt: You send a corrupted soul into the target, doing X damage over 2 sec. Haunt will continue to travel between targets who suffer from your Corruption spell. After traveling from up to three targets, the corrupted soul will return to you, healing you for 50% of the total damage done."
Curse of Weakness (Rank 9)- 265 mana, reduces attack power by 350 and increases time between melee and ranged attacks by 20%.

Talent Tree Changes:
Tier0: No change
Tier1: Soul Siphon:Now affects Drain Soul as well.
Tier2: No change
Tier3: No change
Tier4: Eradication: Your Corruption, Siphon Life, and Curse of Agony ticks have a X% chance to increase your spell casting speed by Y% for 8 sec. This effect has a 10 second cooldown.
Tier5: No Change
Tier6: No Change
Tier7: No Change
Tier8: Death's Embrace: Increases the the amount drained by your Drain Life by 30% while your health is at or below 20% health, and increases the critical strike chance of your Shadowbolt and Haunt spells by 15% when your target is at or below 20% health. 3 ranks
Soul Depletion - Your Corruption spell ticks have a 15% chance of consuming W% mana, X energy, Y Rage or a Z Runic Power on affected targets. 3 ranks
Unstable Affliction: Silence effect is now only 3 seconds.
Tier9: Everlasting Affliction: Your Corruption, Siphon Life and Seed of Corruption spells gain 20% more of your bonus spell damage effects, and your Drain Life and Shadow Bolt spells have a $h% chance to reset the duration of your Corruption spell on the target. 5 ranks.
Tier 10: Atrocity: You devastate the area, causing Corruption (Rank 8) to all targets within 15 yards. In addition, your Corruption spell will do 434 Shadow damage to the target when it finishes its duration.

Demonology

New Spells:

Demonic Circle: Summon: You summon a Demonic Circle at your feet.
Demonic Circle: Teleport: Teleport to your Demonic Circle.

Talent Tree Changes:

Tier0: No change
Tier1: Fel Intellect removed.Fel Vitality - Increases the Stamina and Intellect of your Imp, Voidwalker, Succubus, Felhunter and Felguard by 15% and increases your maximum health and mana by 3%. 3 ranks.
Tier2: Fel Stamina removed. Replaced by Soul Link: Now grants 15% damage split but no longer increases damage of pet or master.
Improved Seccubus changed: Gives your Succubus a 75% chance to resist interruption caused by damage while channeling Seduction, and increases the duration of your Succubus' Seduction and Lesser Invisibility spells by 30%. 3 ranks.
Tier3: No change
Tier4: Improved Inslave Demon moved to Tier5. (still sucks)
Tier5: Master Demonlogist changed: Grants both the Warlock and the summoned demon an effect as long as that demon is active.
Imp - Increases your fire damage by 5%, and increases the critical effect chance of your fire spells by 5%.
Voidwalker - Reduces physical damage taken by 10%.
Succubus - Increases your shadow damage by 5%, and increases the critical effect chance of your shadow spells by 5%.
Felhunter - Increases all resistances by 1 per level.
Felguard - Increases all damage done by 5%, and reduces all damage taken by 5%.
Tier6: Demonic Empowerment: Grants the Warlock's summoned demon Empowerment.
Imp - Increases the Imp's damage by 20% and chance to critically hit with spells by 20%.
Voidwalker - Increases the Voidwalker's health by 20%, and it's threat generated from spells and attacks by 20%.
Succubus - Instantly vanishes, turning the Succubus invisible and restoring it's health to 100%. The vanish effect removes all stuns, snares and movement impairing effects from the Succubus.
Felhunter - Resets all the Felhunter's cooldowns.
Fel Guard - Increases the Fel Guard's attack speed by 20% and breaks all stun, snare and movement impairing effects and makes your Fel Guard immune to them.
Tier7: Empowered Imp: Increases the damage done by your Imp by $s1%, and all critical hits done by your Imp have a $h% chance to increase your spell critical hit chance by 100%. This effect lasts 8 sec. 3 ranks.
Fel Synergy: Your Summoned Demons share an additional 10% of your Armor, Intellect and Stamina, and you have a 100% chance to heal your pet for 15% of the amount of damage done by you. 2 ranks.
Tier8: Love Struck: While the Succubus is active, physical attacks done to you or your Succubus have a 15% chance to heal you or your Succubus instead of doing damage. The healing caused by Love Struck will not exceed 50% of the Warlock or Succubus' total health. This effect has a 6 second cooldown.
Demonic Empath: When you or your pet is critically hit, the other has a X% chance to have their casting or attack speed increased by Y% for <duration>. 3 ranks.
Tier9: Demonic Pact: Increases your Spirit by X% while your Demon is active. In addition, your pet attacks have a Y% chance to increase your party's total Health and Damage by Z%. Stacks up to 3 times. Lasts <duration>.
Tier10: Metamorphosis: You transform into a Demon, with full health and mana. While in Demon Form, you gain Demonic abilities and your armor is increased to 360%, but your pet no longer is summoned. When leaving Demon Form, your health and mana is returned back to normal and your pet is re-summoned. Lasts <duration>.

Destruction (was Demonology as Setzar is a noob)

New Spells:

Shadowflame - Targets in a cone in front of the caster take X Shadow damage and an additional Y Fire damage over <duration>.

Talent Tree Changes:

Tier0: Improved Shadow Bolt: Damage increase reduced to 3/6/9/12/15%.
Cataclysm changed: Reduces the Mana cost of your Destruction spells by 5%, and increases the chance to hit with your Destruction spells by 5%.
Tier1: Molten Core: Your Shadow spells and damage over time effects have a X% chance to increase the damage of your Fire spells by 10% for 6 sec. 3 ranks.
Aftermath: Changed to two ranks, 5%/10%.
Tier2: Removed Imp Firebolt and Imp Lash of Pain. Replaced by Demonic Power: Reduces the cooldown of your Succubus' Lash of Pain spell by 6 sec, and reduces the casting time of your Imp's Firebolt spell by .5 sec. 2 ranks.
Tier3: No Change
Tier4: Pyroclasm Now can proc off of Conflagrate.
Tier5: No Change
Tier6: No Change
Tier7: Kindling Soul: Your spell damage is increased by 10% of your Spirit, and your spell criticals increase your Spirit by X% for 10 sec. 2 ranks.
Tier8: Backdraft: Increases the critical chance of your Conflagrate, Immolate and Shadowflame spells by 10%. 3 ranks.
Torture: After you critically strike with a Shadow spell, your next Searing Pain or Immolate spells have a X% chance to become instant cast. This ability has a 20 second cooldown.
Shadowfury: Stun duration is now 3 seconds.
Tier9: Eternal Flames: Your Searing Pain and Incinerate spells have a X% chance to refresh the duration of your Immolate spell on the target, and increases the critical strike damage of your Destruction spells by an additional 10%.
Tier10: Decimate: Your next Shadow or Fire spell is instant cast, and does damage in the form of Chaos damage, ignoring all resistances, absorption, and immunity mechanics. After the end of the Decimated cast, you become exhausted, disabling you from casting a spell of the same school for 3 sec.

I could try not to be evil. Sometimes I think that maybe for the love of the right woman I could do it. You know, the kind of woman that would make me not evil, but then I think she'd probably want to talk to me afterwards, and who wants to put up with THAT?

Last edited by Setzar on Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:57 am, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:34 am  

Jester of Fail
Character: Keshiro, Jayon

Quote:
Metamorphosis - "You transform into a Demon, with full health and mana. While in Demon Form, you gain Demonic abilities and your armor is increased to 360%, but your pet no longer is summoned."
* When leaving Demon Form, your health and mana is returned back to normal and your pet is re-summoned. Lasts $d.

WTB Shaman transforming into an elemental :(

I can see Setzar transforming into a little Imp devil thing, something along these lines:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:55 am  
ARE YOU READY TO RAID, BROTHER?
Character: Essarhaddon

I think this is a reasonably coherent set of talents if true.

They are going to encourage Destruction to mix fire and shadow instead of one or the other being "best."

The afflictio haste stuff is there just to give a bonus to Affliction damage, it will help balance out the current situation where SBs > All as it just lets you cast them faster than you would be able to otherwise.

Spirit is likely to be an important warlock state in the expansion, I think Blizzard pretty much has said as much. I think how it will help is unkown (Blizzard hinted it might be different for each class).

Decimate is potentially very nasty in PvP given the reliance on immunity effects (Rogues, Paladins, Mages in particular). Destro lock will always have at least one instant (Shadowburn) to go with it. Very risky to go immunte at 5% health with this thing...

Now with more pure concentrated Evil (tm)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 11:07 am  

Corrupter of Cookies

We havent' seen all the talents nor any of the spells yet, which could be interesting.

Affliction's total non-reliance on crit and haste needs to be addressed. Shadowbolt spamming is fine, but the effect of the unavoidable crit needs to be taken care of. I don't see any new Affliction spells mentioned in the talents, but I suspect there will be at least one new Affliction spell.

Demonology could be getting the love it needs to be a viable raid spec. Built in pet healing is huge. Pets are getting more situational, which is great. Felguard for Melee, Imp for Ranged. I think with the Metamorphosis talent, we won't see a new demon pet, but we can hope they'll fix the Infernal and Doomguard into temporary pets (similar to a Mage's Water Elemental, but last longer with longer cooldowns).
They seem to keep pushing the survivability of Demo for PvP, which is fine.

Destruction is just getting better. Decimate has a very nice nich to fill in, but you wouldn't use Shadowburn, you'd use Soul Fire (you know, that skill you don't even have on your bar). Blizz is wanting us to weave Shadow and Fire, and hopefully can make it worthwhile.

I could try not to be evil. Sometimes I think that maybe for the love of the right woman I could do it. You know, the kind of woman that would make me not evil, but then I think she'd probably want to talk to me afterwards, and who wants to put up with THAT?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 11:10 am  

Setzar wrote:
Destruction is just getting better. Decimate has a very nice nich to fill in, but you wouldn't use Shadowburn, you'd use Soul Fire (you know, that skill you don't even have on your bar). Blizz is wanting us to weave Shadow and Fire, and hopefully can make it worthwhile.

I think both have uses. Decimate/Shadowburn would be very fast unresistable damage. Given current abilities you could kill anyone at 1.5k health or less without anyone being able to stop it... Even Decimate/Deathcoil could have uses against say a bubbled healing paladin. Not to kill the pally but to stop healing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 11:16 am  

Corrupter of Cookies

Decimate/Deathcoil you say...

Hmm...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 11:22 am  

Setzar wrote:
Decimate/Deathcoil you say...

Hmm...

Or against a Cloak of Shadows rogue...

The introduction of anti-immunity makes sense to me from what I think Blizz is doing in PvP. They view PvP as a cooldown war more than anything IMO.

The "skill" in PvP is effectively using and countering the limited use abilities available to each side. The regular stuff you can spam is just filler.

This is why I think Blizz gets mages in PvP (who have a lot of CDs) and has a hard time with locks (who have relatively few). It doesn't mean they have hte balance right, I just think they are happier with how mages work.

I alos think this shows up in Priest/Paladin vs Druid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 11:32 am  

Corrupter of Cookies

What could be interesting is Metamorphosis,. Demon Hunters in War3 transformed into the demon-like creatures, and used Chaos Damage. Reading Decimate's description makes it sound like its Chaos Damage that cannot be migated. Metamorphosis also mentions you get a whole new slew of skills while transformed, which I suspect they may build Chaos magic into.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 12:37 pm  

torture sounds retarded as balls

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 12:42 pm  

also some more that were found apparently, but like all these things, cant be 100% sure.

Mind Twisting - deals ?? damage and knocks the targets up in the air for ?? seconds.

Nightmare - Assaults the target's mind, causing a powerful nightmare that deals ?? Shadow damage to all enemies within 10 yards of the target. Lasts ?? seconds. --AOE dot?:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 12:43 pm  

ReLLiKx wrote:
also some more that were found apparently, but like all these things, cant be 100% sure.

Mind Twisting - deals ?? damage and knocks the targets up in the air for ?? seconds.

Nightmare - Assaults the target's mind, causing a powerful nightmare that deals ?? Shadow damage to all enemies within 10 yards of the target. Lasts ?? seconds. --AOE dot?:D

Those are both thought to be priest spells I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 12:56 pm  

textextext

essarhaddon wrote:
ReLLiKx wrote:

Those are both thought to be priest spells I think.

Some people over on Spriest.com (who also have that list) are claiming those spells belong to warlocks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 1:12 pm  

Plunder Bunny

all of this blows without any decent escape abilities considering what melee is getting.

i hope that rumour about targeted warlocks blinks are true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 1:20 pm  

Plunder Bunny

harsh wrote:
all of this blows without any decent escape abilities considering what melee is getting.

Last I heard, it IS a WotLK spell. (Working blink, that is) It also gives you some buffs as you stand in the circle, I believe. Have to check when I get home from work.

Judecca: 10 (What was this for?)
Jayon: 200 - I made 400g from the raid!
Arma: 50 (Hm..agreeing with Stelio = goods!)
Chevypriest: 11,000 (Grats on quitting and lolgrinding)
Stelio: 9 (I am amazing, of course!)
Fwamszz: 250 (Poasting photos is foh sexy)
Bella: 249 (You'd be beating Fwam ONLY if you gave some children to dear Jayon)
Palliouszsxxzs: 5000, thanks. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 1:35 pm  

Corrupter of Cookies

harsh wrote:

I think these are all talents.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next