CWAL Ops Wiki     CWAL Ops DKP     CWAL IRC     Manno Forums     Wowhead     CWAL Gaming     WoW Progress - Mannoroth     World of Logs - Ops 

CWAL Ops

http://youtu.be/cbpuzYtp43Q
It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:36 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:36 pm  

Jester of Fail
Character: Keshiro, Jayon

Quote:
is "abuzz" with talk about how often TBW can be triggered, now that Readiness resets its cooldown

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=ctbMzgxRwu0eox0xVbRVz

Something like that Tuk?

EDIT: i forgot about the changes to Focused Aim

New build: http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=ctbMzgxRwu0eoxcxVb0Vz

BW/TBWx2 in Arena would be exceptionally nasty for burst damage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:49 pm  

Plunder Bunny

Yeah, except that a BM hunter's dps comes almost purely from steady shot, which you have to stand still to cast. Hence, Hunter "Burst" in Arena is a bit of a myth. 40 seconds of being immune to CC and snares/stuns is what the attraction would be. Also, a true "Arena" spec would have Aimed shot in there.

Meh, I have no idea if our arena problems are going to be fixed in WotLK. Its too bad, but the previous arena debacle really has left a very bad taste in my mouth with regards to PVP on my hunter, I hate thinking about it.

I'd much rather think about how AWESOMELY BAD our Tier 7 is itemized.

Apparently, its covered in HASTE stats, which is COMPLETELY TERRIBLE. I'd rather have SPIRIT on my Tier 7 than haste.

Wonder what the chances are I'm going to be rolling on leather are...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:24 pm  

Jester of Fail

Quote:
Yeah, except that a BM hunter's dps comes almost purely from steady shot, which you have to stand still to cast. Hence, Hunter "Burst" in Arena is a bit of a myth. 40 seconds of being immune to CC and snares/stuns is what the attraction would be. Also, a true "Arena" spec would have Aimed shot in there.

That spec was more for PvE, obviously you can trade stuff around

Using steady shot on a moving target is a waste, BM or not. Yes Steady Shot is the beef of their dps in PvE but PvP you're going to be relying on your instants anything with a cast time is useless (Steady Shot, Auto Shot)

Being CC immune and being able to catch people with the inate 10% movement speed on kindred spirits is nice. Having pets that can charge and catch people will be amazing, on top of Intimidation. Keeping someone locked in place for 6 seconds could easy spell death.

The burst is definately there if you play it right

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:40 pm  

Jester of Fail

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=42902

+

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=53264

=

A base cool down on BW of 70 seconds....

Dear God.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:45 pm  

Jester of Fail

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=49052

shows the Global Cooldown as n/a does that mean Steady Shot doesn't trigger the GCD?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:56 pm  

Master of the FRIDGE!

It still does hence why all the haste on T7 is useless. You hit the GCD real quick.

Remember that every trial that the Lord gives you is to show you that He alone can guide you to true peace and contentment in this life, and that, through faith in Him and his sacrifice on the cross, He will lead you to everlasting joy after this life ends.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:23 pm  

Jester of Fail

Selethar wrote:
It still does hence why all the haste on T7 is useless. You hit the GCD real quick.

Yeah... I just went and tested it..

I hope they fix it, either that or make haste only effect auto shot

or having haste effect the GCD, like the other casters

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:11 pm  

Master of the FRIDGE!

Good luck. It's one of the current storms on the beta forums and GC isn't listening.

Remember that every trial that the Lord gives you is to show you that He alone can guide you to true peace and contentment in this life, and that, through faith in Him and his sacrifice on the cross, He will lead you to everlasting joy after this life ends.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:17 pm  

Jester of Fail

Selethar wrote:
Good luck. It's one of the current storms on the beta forums and GC isn't listening.

Just because a Developer doesnt respond doesnt mean they aren't listening. It's a more productive use of their time to actually WORK on the classes as opposed to responding to forums

And no matter how you cut it, Hunters are still, by far, a hell of a lot better off in PvP than enhance shamans.

As for PvE, i hope it gets balanced

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:07 am  

Jester of Fail

Quote:
Upcoming hunter changes
We probably are going to let Barrage affect Aimed Shot. We looked at Explosive Shot again and its damage seemed like a significant increase over Arcane Shot, but if Survival ends up low, then Explosive is probably where we'll try to make up the difference. (Source)

Master's Call not working properly
Yeah, we're working on it. It's hard to tell sometimes with abilities that involve pet movement if the data are set up correctly and there's just a code bug somewhere (that may happen infrequently) or if the spell itself is just borked. (Source)

Ferocious Inspirations
I suspect it is supposed to be raid-wide. (Source)

Too much haste on mail gear ?
We do put a lot of haste on gear. Part of that is because we don't have a huge canvas to work with. We can't put a ton of Strength and Spirit on hunter gear. Also, keep in mind that we aren't trying to make the best possible gear for you. We want you to toss out less optimal pieces for more optimal pieces. Finally, keep in mind that gear is one of the things we use to let players demonstrate mastery of the game. Making the decision of whether that new ring or belt is an upgrade should require a little bit of thought. That's what makes it interesting. But I will bring up the issue of haste and we can talk it over again. (Source)

Low dodge % in WotLK
I seem to be having trouble coming up with a way to explain it that makes sense to you. We don't want you to have as much dodge as a rogue or a druid or a tank. If you have great offense and great defense then we're not sure how to balance you. We want you to run away when someone gets close, not stand and take the hits. Mages Blink or Ice Block or Frost Nova to get away from melee. We gave hunters Disengage to try to do the same thing. Note that we don't want it to be an automatic get of jail free card -- sometimes we want the melee to kill you. Maybe they still kill you too much, but it's hard for us to tell if that's a hunter failing or Retadins and Unholy DKs doing too much burst damage. Hunters without LOS issues seem to be able to kill stuff just fine, so it may be that is your Arena weakness and not melee getting up in your stuff. (Source)

Wing Clip effectivity and mana cost
It's still a 50% snare, right? The duration is shorter than Hamstring, but is duration really what's killing you? It's possible it's too expensive. We can look at that. (Source)

Disengage
Disengage isn't supposed to remove snares. We do want it to move you the same distance whether snared or not, but that takes new code, so it will take a little while. We did recently lower the mana cost from 14% (I think) to 5%. It is off the GCD now. (Source)

Scatter Shot
We talk a lot about making it baseline, but it's also a very attractive talent in one particular spec. It's hard to argue that hunters of all classes (except maybe rogues) need more CC. (Source)

Aspect of the Viper
We like the design of Viper overall. It's cooler to have to shift your strategy to regen without actually interrupting your ability to deal damage. (Maybe it fits the mage class better to go hide in a corner and build up mana again.) I think Viper works fine for PvE. But I do think it presents a problem in PvP when hunters just can't get their mana back. We're talking a lot about to fix this, but I am going to be very hesitant to promise anything because this forum tends to get pretty upset when we change our minds or otherwise don't deliver. (Source)

FI Raid-wide would be hot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:02 am  

Plunder Bunny

Its confirmed they're fixing FI to be raid-wide

In theory, one could spec to have both FI and Trueshot aura, but you would miss out on TBW.

At the moment, I'm not sure there's much point in going BM anyways, since the added haste is going to scale so badly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:46 am  

Plunder Bunny

LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqDXX-QK6hI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:49 am  

Plunder Bunny
Character: Pearlglo

Tukela wrote:

Best pet ability ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:11 pm  

Jester of Fail

One of you go MM so i don't have to take UR... it's terrible still

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:29 pm  

Jester of Fail

Quote:
Ferocious Inspirations raid-wide confirmed
Yes, it is supposed to be raid-wide. Fixed. (Source)

Aspect of the Viper / Haste bonus on gear
Couple of follow-ups:

On Viper: Letting it proc off melee auto attacks and specials is probably something we could do (this was mentioned up above). That may not solve all of your mana problems, but it might help when someone gets up in your stuff.

On Haste: I know our item budget is a little cryptic, and to some extent we like it that way. However, if we removed any haste from your items, we would have to replace it with something else that is probably equally sub-optimal. It's a "B stat" for hunters if you will. We can't just peel off haste and replace it with say Agi or AP (or if we did, the total would be a lot lower) or the item would be over-budget.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next