CWAL Ops Wiki     CWAL Ops DKP     CWAL IRC     Manno Forums     Wowhead     CWAL Gaming     WoW Progress - Mannoroth     World of Logs - Ops 

CWAL Ops

http://youtu.be/cbpuzYtp43Q
It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:56 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:55 am  
Plunder Bunny

Beast Mastery (41 points)

5/5 Improved Aspect of the Hawk
1/5 Endurance Training
2/2 Focused Fire
2/2 Improved Revive Pet
5/5 Unleashed Fury
2/2 Improved Mend Pet
5/5 Ferocity
1/1 Intimidation
2/2 Bestial Discipline
2/2 Animal Handler
4/5 Frenzy
3/3 Ferocious Inspiration
1/1 Bestial Wrath
5/5 Serpent's Swiftness
1/1 The Beast Within

Marksmanship (20 points)

1/3 Focused Aim
5/5 Lethal Shots
3/3 Careful Aim
5/5 Mortal Shots
1/1 Aimed Shot
5/5 Efficiency

Survival (0 points)

None

How does this 3.0 bm talent look?
or would u guys have 5 imp track instead of mana efficiency?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:33 pm  

Plunder Bunny

Yes, I would definitely take Imp Tracking over efficiency. As it is I've been raiding for the past 8 months without efficiency.

I would not take 2/2 Animal Handler
Pets are now inheriting our hit rating.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:48 pm  

Jester of Fail
Character: Keshiro, Jayon

3.0 BM:
http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=cgbMzgxRmu0eoZceV0o

3.0 MM:
http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=cZceV0oAzGesx0Vox00b

3.0 Surv:
http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=cZ0xVZe00ioschxhA0ct

My ideas really, it's a hard choice with so few talent points

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:32 pm  
Plunder Bunny

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=ctbMzgtRmu0eoZ0eVZL

purely getting all the cds reduction and ap damage buffs we could as bm...
needs to be tested... though....
why no hit rate talent... most of us are hit capped already arent we...? push back reduction for 3.0 raids till xpac....? only kil'j has push back aoe abilities in sunwell right?

just a temporary burst dps built before lvl 80 comes... back to lvling agian then....lol...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:59 pm  

Plunder Bunny

Jayon, for BM spec, instead of another talent point put in endurance training as filler, I would put it in Spirit Bond. The health tick really is still pretty crappy, but the additional 5% healing to me and my pet? YES PLEASE

Edit, just looked at your MM spec.... its all wrong...
Piercing shots is worthless
Imp Steady shot is mandatory
and unless i'm mistaken, both aimed and all barrage talents are no good for pve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:48 pm  
Plunder Bunny

that's what i did for bm~ :P

yeah. since Aimshot and mutli shot are sharing same 10 sec gcd now. at least that's what i heard. aim shot is instant. but multi is still 0.5 sec cast time. think lots of MM prolly would be adding aim shot into their rotation.
therefore barrage kind of useless for pve.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:15 am  

Jester of Fail

You're probably right Tuk i ready piercing shots as 6% base armor pen...

Dunno about skipping the multishot talents, as it is still one of your main shots.

You could pick them up at 80 though i suppose

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=cZcjVc0AzMxoghAox00b

Post subject: Re: New huntery stuff
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:32 am  

Jester of Fail

Quote:
Aspects are now off the GCD. It's true. There will still be a 1 sec cooldown to switch from one aspect to another. It should feel a lot more like warrior stances or death knight presences.

We're also going to be putting a little bit of dodge (~10%?) onto Monkey. I'll update when we decide on a final number.

Just for consistency, paladin auras will probably get the same treatment. These changes should go live before Nov 13. As always, thanks for all of the feedback, and please keep it up now that many of the changes are live.

EDIT: After further discussion, we're not crazy about the "stance dancing" that hunters need to do to switch to Monkey when someone is in on you in melee. As we've said a few times, Disengage and Deterrence should be your go-to abilities at that time. If anything, removing Aspects from the GCD makes it feel like you are supposed to go Monkey every time you're in melee.

Rather than revert the change, we are introducing a new spell!

Instead of getting new ranks of Hawk at level 75 and 80, you now get the new Aspect of the Dragonhawk. This powerful aspect combines all of the effects of Hawk and Monkey. Any talent or glyph that affects either Hawk or Monkey also affects Dragonhawk the same way. The idea is that you retire Hawk and Monkey at level 75 and go to essentially two Aspects: Dragonhawk for combat and Viper for mana regen.

Enjoy.

Quote:
New Pets
Now that we have a better system for introducing pets, I have no doubt we'll add more per family and more families over time. (Source)

Exotic Pet Balancing
On the exotic pets issue, I have said before that we want to be very careful with the balance here. If the pets are immensely better, then the talent becomes a non-decision (which isn't so bad) but the exotic pets also becomes a non-decision, which means that the tree that is supposed to be all about pets has fewer options to choose from.

At a slight dps increase, the particular pet you choose is still up for debate. On a boss where you need to go all out and the pet's debuff isn't imporant and survivability isn't important, then yeah maybe you take the devilsaur or core hound. But when farming, running heroics, PvP or in other situations you still can bring which pet you want.

We did a big pass at pet dps and found that while some exotics were near the top, others were near the bottom. We made a big numbers pass to consolidate things a little better, and make sure the exotics were all near the top or at the top. Cats and other pets without a strong debuff should also do good dps as well

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:50 pm  

Master of the FRIDGE!

This dragonhawk thing I gotta see ...

Remember that every trial that the Lord gives you is to show you that He alone can guide you to true peace and contentment in this life, and that, through faith in Him and his sacrifice on the cross, He will lead you to everlasting joy after this life ends.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:42 pm  

Jester of Fail

Quote:
3.03 Build 9095 Changes

Glyph of Trueshot Aura - While your Trueshot Aura is active, you have 10% increased critical strike chance on your Aimed Shot. (Old - Increases the attack power bonus of Trueshot Aura by an additional 2%.) --roflpwnt

Beast Mastery

Aspect of the Viper changed to - The hunter takes on the aspect of the viper, causing ranged and melee attacks to regenerate mana but reducing your total damage done by 50%. In addition, you gain 4% of maximum mana every 3 sec. Mana gained is based on the speed of your ranged weapon. Only one Aspect can be active at a time.
Survival

Disengage mana cost has been lowered from 14% of base mana to 5% of base mana.

Talent

Beast Mastery

Ferocious Inspiration now affects your raid.
Animal Handler now increase your pet's expertise by 5/10. (Old - Increased the chance to hit by 2/4%)

Marksmanship

Improved Barrage now affects Aimed Shot.
Barrage now affects Aimed Shot.

Pet Skills

Swipe (Bear) focus cost reduced from 25 to to 20. Damage increased (60-84 to 90-126 for Rank 6)

Snatch (Bird of Prey) focus cost reduced from 40 to 20.

Gore (Boar) focus cost reduced from 25 to 20. Damage increased. (122-164 for Rank 6)

Rake (Cat) focus cost reduced from 25 to 20. Damage lowered. (From 59-83 + 21-27 over 9 sec to 24-34 + 22-28 over 9 sec)

Fire Breath (Dragonhawk) now has a 20 yards range.

Froststorm Breath (Chimaera) focus cost reduced from 25 to 20. Damage increased. (64-86 to 128-172 for Rank 6)

Lava Breath (Core Hound) focus cost reduced from 25 to 20. Damage increased. (64-86 to 128-172 for Rank 6)

Monstrous Bite (Devilsaur) focus cost reduced from 25 to 20.

Stamped (Rhino) damage increased (from 91-123 to 182-246 for Rank 6). Knockback reduced from 15 yards to 10 yards.

Spirit Strike (Spirit Beast) damage increased. (from 43-47 + 43-47 over 10 sec to 85-115 + 85-115 over 10 sec)

Acid Spit (Worm) damage increased. (62-88 to 124-176 for Rank 6)

Thunderstomp (Gorilla) focus cost reduced from 25 to 20.

Tendon Rip (Hyena) focus cost reduced from 25 to 20.

Savage Rend (Raptor) focus cost reduced from 25 to 20.

Ravage (Ravager) damage increased. (89-125 to 106-150 for Rank 6)

Scorpid Poison (Scorpid) focus cost reduced from 25 to 20. Damage lowered. (From 85 to 45 for Rank 6)

Poison Spit (Serpent) focus cost reduced from 25 to 20.

Spore Cloud (Sporebat) focus cost reduced from 25 to 20.

Lightning Breath (Wind Serpent) focus cost reduced from 25 to 20.

Sting (Wasp) focus cost reduced from 25 to 20.

So.. Aspect of the Viper is less shitty now

Animal Handler is worth picking up now

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13