CWAL Ops Wiki     CWAL Ops DKP     CWAL IRC     Manno Forums     Wowhead     CWAL Gaming     WoW Progress - Mannoroth     World of Logs - Ops 

CWAL Ops

http://youtu.be/cbpuzYtp43Q
It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:06 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Random Wrath Stuff
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:05 pm  
ARE YOU READY TO RAID, BROTHER?
Character: Essarhaddon

From EJ

Quote:
We’re pleased to announce a convenient upgrade to the way that mounts and vanity pets are handled in Wrath of the Lich King.

Players will be able to “learn” a mount or non-combat pet much like learning a spell, recipe, or new ability, and these creatures will then show up on a new Pet tab within the Character Info section of the interface. Players will be able to access and preview their learned mounts and vanity pets through this tab.

Once learned, the pet icon or mount icon will no longer appear in bag spaces or bank spaces. This inventory space will be made available once again for other adventuring needs. Pets can still be set to hotkeys by dragging them to the hotkey bar, much like any other spell or ability.

Now with more pure concentrated Evil (tm)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:09 pm  

Now > Ever

arma will have bag space once again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:31 pm  

Overlordus Ultimatus
Character: Cogfizzle

sweet-ass.
I'm gonna collect pets!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:37 pm  

textextext

Vektor wrote:
sweet-ass.
I'm gonna collect pets!

^^^ That, and mounts, starting with Cog. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:40 pm  

Now > Ever

Uthadys wrote:

Me too. I have a whole bag in the bank dedicated to pets!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:41 pm  

Pretty in Pink
Character: Mortehl

Dragon wrote:
Uthadys wrote:

Me too. I have a whole bag in the bank dedicated to pets!

I just deleted pets. Including ones rom quests. Shit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:39 pm  

Now > Ever

PETA would like to have a word with you, mort.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:05 pm  

Pretty in Pink

Uthadys wrote:

People who Enjoy the Taste of Animals?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:57 pm  

textextext

Mortehl wrote:
Uthadys wrote:

People who Enjoy the Taste of Animals?

People for Eating Tasty Animals
People for the Erotic Treatment of Animals

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:06 pm  

Jester of Fail
Character: Keshiro, Jayon

http://www.worldofraids.com/news/215.html

Enchanters making scrolls to sell enchants confirmed,

Screenshots of some new Epic gems

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:27 pm  

Corrupter of Cookies

Mortehl wrote:
I just deleted pets. Including ones rom quests. Shit.

Quote:
It's a nifty system. Hunters and warlocks already have a tab labeled Pets on their character screen. We just added a couple of extra tabs on the Pet screen, one for Mounts and one for Companions. Your pets won't really feel like spells. The first time you use the item, they move permanently to the Pet page where you can examine them (you can rotate them like a hunter pet) or summon them.

We know with this system plus achievements players will want to try to get back any pets or mounts they managed to delete previously. No promises, but we have a couple of ideas for how you might be able to get those pets back.

I could try not to be evil. Sometimes I think that maybe for the love of the right woman I could do it. You know, the kind of woman that would make me not evil, but then I think she'd probably want to talk to me afterwards, and who wants to put up with THAT?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:35 pm  

textextext

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... sid=2000#4

Tigole wrote:
Quote:
can I have a 'Spotted Frostsaber' and a 'Striped Frostsaber' and have that count as 2 separate things? If not, would 'Spotted Frostsaber' and 'Swift Frostsaber' count as 2 separate things? Similarly with non-combat pets and color varieties - would the various colors count?
Spotted, Striped, Swift are all unique. Each color variation of a pet or mount is unique.

Your bags will be ok. I promise. Pets, Mounts, Heroic Badges, BG Tokens are all getting storage space.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:42 am  

Pretty in Pink

It should be noted that in this expansion you're hunting Nessingwary and his lackeys as opposed to killing beasts :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:12 pm  

Jester of Fail
Character: Keshiro, Jayon

Quote:
Death Knight
- We have a few reports that Death and Decay is doing too much damage. If it feels like it's overshadowing Unholy Blight, that could be why. (src)
- The very end of the quest chain isn't finished. We are going to do a smoother transition to EP. (src)
- Necrosis should never crit and always hit if the original weapon did. It sounds like a bug. (src)
- A few of you mentioned that Icy Touch should be more of a debuff for Blood and Unholy knights and more of a go-to damage spell for the Frost death knight. That is pretty much our design. The damage boost of Improved Icy Touch probably does need to be higher given that Icy Touch's damage went down. Lowering the cooldown is not something we're crazy about, since it is one of the things that contributes to the feeling of not enough frost runes. The Frozen idea is interesting and might be worth exploring. (src)
- Deathcoil not using any runic power is a bug and should be fixed soon. (src)
- We plan to add, at the very least, one-handed versions of the two-handed runeforging enchants. Having 5% parry on each weapon would be a little crazy, but we could offer 2.5 or 3% on a one-handed weapon. Ideally we'll add some more as well. (src)

Druid
- We have no plans to implement a "Dire Cat" form at this time. "Dire Bear" exists for the sole purpose of upgrading the Feral Druid's armor value to match the Warrior/Paladin etc. (Druids get no shield)
We do, however, intend to allow Druids to be able to use items and enchants with procs in forms, which I believe will work in the next beta build (don't hold me to it though). (src)

Hunter
- Pet skills: We didn't want hunters to have spend a big chunk of talent points just to get pet resistance up to where it is in Burning Crusade. So pets will have some amount of inherent resistance. We're not sure how much that will be yet, but it should be enough that your pet doesn't feel fragile. If you want a truly magic-resistant pet, you can top it off with talents. For now at least the lower ranks of the old resistance skills are just free like Growl and Cower. (src)
- There are talents in all 3 pet trees that you can invest in if maintaining happiness is a problem (or just annoying) for you. We're also trying to give you a few more options to keep your pet alive, such as more Avoidance and reduced spell damage, and even more ways to heal your pet. Of course you can always choose to focus directly on more damage and hope your pet survives long enough to make good use of it. (src)
- Pet loyalty: As far as happiness goes, the pets will behave as if they were at max loyalty. You shouldn't need to feed them more, and with the right talents, you can probably feed them a lot less. In the alpha, I mentioned that it might be a problem if hunters at level 80 run out and grab level 80 pets. Theoretically, you would never need an actual companion in the old sense. You could just get a new pet whenever. In the old system, grinding loyalty and levels discouraged this. (src)
- Exotic pets: We're still working on implementing this particular talent. The talent will allow you to train a different "class" of pets which we're calling "exotic" right now. Only hunters with this talent will be able to train those pets. They won't necessarily be "stronger" (though will all have unique abilities that you can only get from exotic pets), the extra power you should get from the talent will be from the additional pet skill points (pet talent points). (src)
- Think of your pet bar as just shortcuts to your spellbook. It doesn't really matter if an ability is on the bar or not. It can be cast or autocast directly from the spellbook, and unfortunately all new abilities start with autocast defaulted on. This is something we might be able to fix, but in the meantime, peek at your pet's spellbook whenever it gains a level to make sure nothing has changed. Cower can surprise you, because it/si something a lot of players passed on before -- understandably, because even if effective it's not a very fun thing to spend points on, which is why we just give it away now. :)
We haven't done a major pass on threat generation yet for any of the classes. We realize it was very easy in BC for hunters to pull aggro off of their pets. You can probably tell from some of the pet talents (including the ones that just grant more pet dps) that we want pets to be able to hold their own threat against a hunter. This is especially true when it's just you and Bitey out on your own, but ideally a tanking pet with the proper spec will be an effective offtank for 5-player instances, or even a main tank under some circumstances (say a group quest perhaps). (src)

Mage
- We've been very busy trying to get everything working for other classes. We'll be doing a polish pass of the Mage very soon. (src)

Paladin
- In terms of Blessing of Salvation and Defiance, we're turning away from requiring talents and spells to grant threat and instead just "bake" it into the existing threat generation abilities. (src)

Priest
- We'll be removing the imposed cooldown on Circle of Healing in an upcoming beta build. We'll experiment with the ability having no cooldown, but it's still possible we may decide it needs it. We are indeed concerned with the impact AOE heals such as Circle of Healing, Chain Heal etc. have in endgame raiding, but we haven't decided the best way to address the issue. (src)

Rogue
- Doing some changes to poisons, should see them in an upcoming build. (src)
- Riposte: This mechanic is being replaced with "Dismantle" which you can use on demand instead of relying on a proc. (src)

Shaman
- We'll be doing a polish pass of the Shaman soon. But yes, we do want Flametongue Weapon to be the "Elemental Shaman" weapon. Not sure yet if that is through passive spell damage or a different mechanic. (src)
- Maelstrom Weapon reseting the swing timer is a bug, We hope to have it not reset your swing timer sometime soon. (src)
- All 6 charges of the lightning shield are used up on 1 static shock cooldown, its a bug. (src)
- Spirit Link: The ability has a few bugs right now (and it doesn't have the proper graphic either). The design on the ability may also be changed, we do want Spirit Link to be viable in as many aspects of the game as possible. (src)
- Mana Spring: We'll get that fixed. Healing Stream and Mana Spring were sligthly re-designed to pulse heals/mana to players instead of applying a buff to players. Because of that, the totem is pulsing the healing/mana spell. (src)

Warlock
- Improved Soul Leech is bugged and should be working in 1-2 builds. (src)
- Haunt is currently not yet completely implemented, we hope to get the damage over time boost effect to work in a future build. (src)
- We're doing a polish pass of the Warlock currently, you'll see some changes in the next build (sometime this week I believe?), and a little more after that until the end of beta. Keep letting us know what you think. (src)
- Design of Demon Form is not yet complete, we're going to give him a strong melee attack and make the form a type of "DPS timer" for PvE purposes. It's texture is also not yet finished. (src)
- Demonic Sacrifice is going back to it's former self in the next patch, although it'll be changed slightly. We want Warlocks to gain benefit from using their pets in PvE, not destroying them for buffs. Demonic Sacrafice was originally created for situations where having a pet out wasn't as viable. Today, that situation is/should be coming less frequent. We realize that is because of issues with the pets (mana regeneration, some are too fragile, etc.) which are have/will be addressing. (src)

Warrior
- We have more work to do on the Warrior, yes =) . Hang tight a bit longer. (src)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:55 pm  

Plunder Bunny

Jayon wrote:
Quote:
Mage
- We've been very busy trying to get everything working for other classes. We'll be doing a polish pass of the Mage very soon, though blink will still be broken. (src)

Well, the nurse is coming around with my suppository. Makes me wish I still had a prostate.

Gaming is no different than any other neurosis. We retreat into any world that offers greater access to meaningful actions and rewards: fast cars, the acquisition of wealth, sexual conquest... All these provide escapes from the inherently meaningless nature of our mundane existence.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next