CWAL Ops Wiki     CWAL Ops DKP     CWAL IRC     Manno Forums     Wowhead     CWAL Gaming     WoW Progress - Mannoroth     World of Logs - Ops 

CWAL Ops

http://youtu.be/cbpuzYtp43Q
It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:31 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:05 am  
ARE YOU READY TO RAID, BROTHER?
Character: Essarhaddon

Quote:
WotLK Release Date
Keep in mind Mike Morhaime did say not that long ago that WotLK will be released between October to December of 2008. So perhaps you have a bit better of a range now. (Source)

WotLK Lore and Quests
Some Horde beta testers have been asking about why there seems to be a lot of Alliance only quests that related significant lore regarding Northrend, for example the changes with Mograine and the Ashbringer. It's true that the Alliance are learning a bit more of the lore while in Northrend, that isn't directly available to the Horde. The Alliance has a greater view at the lore behind the Vrykul. There's also a bit more that the Alliance is exposed to simply because the King of Stormwind and Arthas are both humans, or at least... were.

But then conversely back in Nagrand Horde players learned a lot more about Thrall's history, whilst the Alliance had little better to do than rescue some annoyingly dim-witted guy from a cage! Also talking in strict numbers only, the Horde have more Outlands quests and currently more quests in Northrend also. We'd like players to think about what "epic" quests they do have, rather than what they don't.

As an aside, more lore on the Ashbringer can be found in the comic book. The comic series is meant to compliment the game: events in the comics occur in the game as well. So this includes the King returning home to Stormwind, with the throne appearing and Bolvar moving to Northrend.

[...] we can move mountains when need be. Though we're starting off with floating necropoli and a magically transported city... :-)

By the way, regarding Naxxramas, I just wanted to confirm that this would only be moved to Northrend and the level 60 version will not be available anymore. It's likely there won't be any achievements relating to the old Naxxramas, except there might be something related to Atiesh. (Source)

Now with more pure concentrated Evil (tm)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:56 pm  

textextext

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=56255

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=42434

Time to see how long it take for them to update their database for the cake slice.

Its level 75 food. 15000 health over 30 seconds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:25 pm  

textextext

Oh, and the horrors of leveling as a huntard before they reduced the XP to level requirment last night(this was taken Wednesday night), keep in mind, that was done on full rested xp.

Last edited by TheDeamon on Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:28 pm  

textextext

WotLK Ciniematic location as viewed from Stormpeaks. (Ice Crown is no mans land atm) Horde gunship visible flying above, and waay back in background, the Alliance gunship can be faintly made out as well... Oh, and they're moving targets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:22 pm  

Quote:
Hardiness is being changed to a 15% duration reduction on stuns. In fact, the next update (not today's) will have a large number of changes to racials.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:41 pm  

textextext

All 15% chance to resist abilities seem to be getting changed to 15% duration reductions...

Seem to be trying to make PvP less random in general.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:35 am  

textextext

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:29 pm  

textextext

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:31 pm  

Jester of Fail
Character: Keshiro, Jayon

TheDeamon wrote:

I WANT ONE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:32 pm  

Blinky! Do the dishes!

Why is the crab talking to you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:34 pm  

Overlordus Ultimatus
Character: Cogfizzle

TheDeamon wrote:

PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN PENGUIN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:50 am  

Quote:
Class Balancing - Methodology
We have spreadsheets -- huge ones. We have values for characters in greens and raid buffed with epic gear. We have estimates of mob damage and health, character downtime, the benefits from enchants, gems and glyphs. We have conversion rates of mana to runic power to energy to rage. We look at damage per second, efficiency, button presses per second, typical rotations, movement vs. standing still, mobs vs. players and every other variable we can think of (and there are a LOT of them).

In the end we come up with an estimate for what an attack should do. We come up with a budget for talents and spells just like we have a budget for items at a given level. Sometimes those estimates are wrong because we forgot to take something into account, or because there's a bug in a talent or spell somewhere that messes up the calculation.

And then we do lots of testing, and to get a reality check on our tests, we compare them to the numbers people are reporting from the beta. Repeat as necessary. I've said this in a few posts: that our numbers can sometimes be wrong (as is the case almost any time you deal with numbers), but the methods we use to arrive at them are absolutely not sloppy. (Source)

Very high / low DPS for classes and balancing
There are so many bugs in the data we're seeing right now, that they're good for detecting bugs, but not great yet for figuring out where everyone stands. Give it a couple of weeks and things will start to settle down. Currently we're getting situations where some classes are doing 3 to nearly 4 times the dps of others. Buffing every spec now to make sure they all hit 4000 dps would produce a very crazy game. Buffing anyone's dps until we've had a chance to analyze where each player's dps will derive from is premature.

It's an exciting time for us, because we finally get to see some level 80 characters in action. Getting so much data will finally let us get everyone adjusted. But we're going to need a decent sample size of data sets that we trust first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:29 am  

Wrath of Air

Random WotLK question:

Are BoJs account bound / tradeable in beta? I could have sworn I heard they would be but I can't find any confirmation. I've got something like 300 just gathering dust in my bank that I would love to gear my rogue with later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:22 am  

Judecca wrote:
Random WotLK question:

Are BoJs account bound / tradeable in beta? I could have sworn I heard they would be but I can't find any confirmation. I've got something like 300 just gathering dust in my bank that I would love to gear my rogue with later.

Just a rumor atm, no one really knows. Mostly this is based on two blizzard comments:

- We might have some itesm thare are bind on account instead of on character

- In conjunction with the above something like "we would like to help alts without screwing up other stuff."

This has been taken to possibly mean BoJ would be tradeable within your account.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:40 am  

r awesome

IMO that would be a really good idea to keep them from rotting in banks. I think Bontron had close to 200 in his, but Vonstabonson needed 15 more to get the PvP cloak... which was lame because I dont want to PVE with my rogue, but I already played the PvE game on my priest.

-
Its true.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next