CWAL Ops Wiki     CWAL Ops DKP     CWAL IRC     Manno Forums     Wowhead     CWAL Gaming     WoW Progress - Mannoroth     World of Logs - Ops 

CWAL Ops

http://youtu.be/cbpuzYtp43Q
It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:32 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: 3.0 Shaman PvP builds
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:03 pm  

Now > Ever

I'd like to make a thread just for shamans & the upcoming patch. But first, to get a few things out of the way...

first off: shocks got buffed, big time. With the right gear/talents, their range is HUGE. Flame shock, when talented w/ pvp gloves, can reach up to 40 yards and Earth shock can reach 30. In addition, there is something new called a wind shock which reduces threat and interrupts a spell cast (think: earth shock w/o damage - nice against spell-reflecting warriors).

second: no more gear dependence to compete against constant spell pushback with the new spell casting mechanics. Very nice against hunter pets, rogues and enh shamans, all of which can practically 100-0 an elemental shaman on live.

third: I've noticed a lot more synergy between the talent trees, and it's quite nice. I'll point out an example of it in the talent build that I'll link...

Here's what I"ve come up with so far (note, level 70 talent spread):

51/10/0: http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=hE00qfdxt0ekt0xMh

This elemental build looks like it has some serious potential. I'm not sure how the new elemetal shields work (whether they work with the shaman's current DR from armor or simply reduces the damage post-DR), but astral shift is AMAZING. Unrelenting Storm and the new Ancestral Knowledge are also a very hot pair, complimenting eachother nicely as they scale together with better gear. Imp. fire nova totem will have a stun effect to it, which has potential to be awesome.

I skipped Reverberation (imp shocks), as I feel that shocks aren't the core of elemental shaman pvp. I also skipped Elemental Precision since, although it is helpful, the talent can be compensated for by gear and the threat reduction doesn't mean much in BGs/arenas. Elemental Oath is another good pve talent (good group compliment), but since this talent spread is pvp-oriented I passed it in favor of lightning overload... not an easy decision, but LO has so much burst potential that it isn't worth going without.

Oh yes, and with this talent spread I am winning the bulk of duels I get into :)

I haven't looked into resto/enh talent spreads yet, so feel free to post :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:58 pm  

Jester of Fail
Character: Keshiro, Jayon

Yeah, that's pretty much a typical build, i've been working on an Enhancement build, but enhance is still ungodly weak in PvP

Resto is about the same as it is now, Elemental is the only one with real strength, personally i'd put points in resto for healing utility and NS

Also:
Quote:
(think: earth shock w/o damage - nice against spell-reflecting warriors).

what exactly are you going to interupt on a warrior? o.o;

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:19 pm  

Now > Ever

Nothing! That is why it's a nice spell to use against spell reflect without waiting for it to wear off since it doesn't damage you in the process :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:44 pm  

Jester of Fail
Character: Keshiro, Jayon

I didn't think of that.. heh

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]