CWAL Ops Wiki     CWAL Ops DKP     CWAL IRC     Manno Forums     Wowhead     CWAL Gaming     WoW Progress - Mannoroth     World of Logs - Ops 

CWAL Ops

http://youtu.be/cbpuzYtp43Q
It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:36 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Ulduar, Dance Stuidos, and the Ashbringer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:42 am  

Jester of Fail
Character: Keshiro, Jayon

http://www.worldofraids.com/news/322.html

Very interesting stuff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:50 am  

Plunder Bunny

And guild achivements maybe in the future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:15 am  
ARE YOU READY TO RAID, BROTHER?
Character: Essarhaddon

I like that they have a roll-out plan for raid instances. Let's hope they can strike a reasonable schedule.

Now with more pure concentrated Evil (tm)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:08 pm  

textextext

Hailic wrote:
And guild achivements maybe in the future.

That wasn't really news, that's something that they've been talking/hinting about since months before the Achievement system for individual players was announced.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:09 pm  

textextext

essarhaddon wrote:
I like that they have a roll-out plan for raid instances. Let's hope they can strike a reasonable schedule.

Blizzard + schedule = lol

That being said, they claim ulduar is already done, so it just a question of how much pacing they're expecting to need to do between now and the release of Expansion 3.

IE: Do they expect it to only take a year, or almost 2 like Wrath did?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:14 pm  

Jester of Fail

TheDeamon wrote:
essarhaddon wrote:

Blizzard + schedule = lol

That being said, they claim ulduar is already done, so it just a question of how much pacing they're expecting to need to do between now and the release of Expansion 3.

IE: Do they expect it to only take a year, or almost 2 like Wrath did?

I hope it takes for then a year, there is so much to do at 80... plus it seems to me like they are struggling to "complete" wrath in the normal blizzard "when it's done its done mentality" so releasing one a year would be a mistake

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:25 pm  

Jester of Fail

Quote:
Quote from Blizzard staff Upcoming patches

Patch 3.1 - Patch 3.1 will be the first content patch of the expansion and is already done. It will include Ulduar raid instance (10 and 25 Man) (Source)
Patch 3.2 - Patch 3.2 will add a new and still unknown raid instance to the game. (Source)
Patch 3.3 - Patch 3.3 will introduce Icecrown Citadel and should also resolve the storyline of Ashbringer. (Source)

Others

New dances will be added in a content patch, one of the objective with the dance studio isn't to just add new dances but also let players combine moves to create their own dance. (Source)
Guild ratings might be added in the future, guilds could receive a rating based on their PvE and PvP accomplishments.(Source)
Achievements based on guild accomplishments could be added to the game. (Source)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:35 pm  

textextext

Jayon wrote:
I hope it takes for then a year, there is so much to do at 80... plus it seems to me like they are struggling to "complete" wrath in the normal blizzard "when it's done its done mentality" so releasing one a year would be a mistake

Not really, they pretty much stopped introducing content into the beta a month ago. You weren't really active in it prior to that, but those of us who were can tell you this: They can introduce a lot of content in very shot order when they're doing that.

The thing they've been "struggling with" is new game engine mechanics in the game itself, both server side and client side: Phasing, Destructable Buildings, and some other new technologies/approaches they now use for quests/items/player transportation.... Which is something they couldn't really test until the content that uses it was present in the game.

Beyond that you're talking mostly class balance concerns/issues, but when you get down to it from a programmatic standpoint, those items are easy to fix as long as there isn't a bug at play they requires tracking down/fixing.

Tweaking variables/coefficients is extremely simple to do. Actually writing new code, or altering the logic of existing code... Now that can get to be an extremely painful process in anything with a large code base.... Which WoW has.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:40 pm  

TheDeamon wrote:
Beyond that you're talking mostly class balance concerns/issues, but when you get down to it from a programmatic standpoint, those items are easy to fix as long as there isn't a bug at play they requires tracking down/fixing.

Tweaking variables/coefficients is extremely simple to do. Actually writing new code, or altering the logic of existing code... Now that can get to be an extremely painful process in anything with a large code base.... Which WoW has.

It is noticeable that Blizzard is pretty explicitly telling us that they are in a tweaking phase now. They have said "no new talents or spells or major re-arrangements of talent trees" are coming. I suspect this let's them iterate tweaks pretty quickly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:44 pm  

textextext

essarhaddon wrote:
It is noticeable that Blizzard is pretty explicitly telling us that they are in a tweaking phase now. They have said "no new talents or spells or major re-arrangements of talent trees" are coming. I suspect this let's them iterate tweaks pretty quickly.

Which is also why the patch file size has dropped tremendously in the last couple builds. The most recent patch was 5 megs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:59 pm  

Jester of Fail

Still don't agree with an expansion a year, with all that there is already out there and coming, unless you dedicate every waking hour to the game almost, there is no way to do even 3/4ths of the new stuff out there.

Putting out another expansion just a year later in my honest opinion would be a mistake.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:34 pm  

textextext

Jayon wrote:
Still don't agree with an expansion a year, with all that there is already out there and coming, unless you dedicate every waking hour to the game almost, there is no way to do even 3/4ths of the new stuff out there.

Putting out another expansion just a year later in my honest opinion would be a mistake.

10 Man Naxx is going to be cleared pretty quickly by the guild, I expect 25 man Naxx won't be much slower.

We can pug 10 man it on the beta and be at Sapphiron in about 5 hours(w/ wipes on some fights -- lol safety dance). I'd expect the 25 man to be fairly close as well, since most reports seem to indicate it is.

Keep in mind, a lot of the people in those groups are still sporting T6, level 70 gems/enchants, and are mostly not using consumables.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:55 pm  

Pretty in Pink
Character: Mortehl

We are going to rip the living shit out of the 25 man. If we don't full clear the instance in our first raid week, something is wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:02 pm  
Plunder Bunny

Mortehl wrote:
We are going to rip the living shit out of the 25 man. If we don't full clear the instance in our first raid week, something is wrong.

i like your attitude mort

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:02 pm  

Mortehl wrote:

Please be careful with expectations. I also believe that Blizzard will tune this to be pretty easy, but remember there are still some mildly technical fights, we have to get 25+ people to learn the content, etc.

Jacking up expectations just leads to emo-ness and people ranting about "sucking" and looking for scape goats.

We have actually been a pretty successful guild in TBC in terms of time taken to learn content. Sure, it takes us a lot of calendar time, but actualy in game raid time has been pretty solid. Our bigger problem is continuing to bring the intensity needed after those first couple of kills.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next