CWAL Ops Wiki     CWAL Ops DKP     CWAL IRC     Manno Forums     Wowhead     CWAL Gaming     WoW Progress - Mannoroth     World of Logs - Ops 

CWAL Ops

http://youtu.be/cbpuzYtp43Q
It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:16 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: More Blizz Philosophy
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:22 pm  

Now > Ever

just wait until healers need to be in LOS of their targets in order to get heals off.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:11 pm  

textextext

Uthadys wrote:
just wait until healers need to be in LOS of their targets in order to get heals off.

Uhm, we always have needed to be in LOS to heal someone.

...unless we're dropping AoE heals, in which case we can heal through walls/doors or around corners/pillars.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:59 pm  

Plunder Bunny

I think he means actually in your personal line of sight, ie, they must be in your field of view (not behind you).

... which would be stupid, because then you'd spend a lot of time worrying whether someone stepped too far to the right to be in your LOS, or stepped behind you (as in Bloodboil), or is standing on the other side of a big fat boss.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... sz&n=Keeva

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:44 am  
Plunder Bunny

Dude, a frost mage should decimate a ret pally, with little to no problem. Especially if he opens with repentance. Do exactly what youre talking about except after you blink the HoJ, polymorph him. Throw your elemental and go for the shatter combo, he either bubbles or take an insane amount of damage(if he trinkets just poly him again and run for a bit). If he bubbles, youre golden, run for a bit, if he gets on you blink should be up again but HoJ/repent wont be(if they are specced for divine storm both are still a 1 minute cd)

If he doesnt bubble out of the sheep then hes already dead, just let your elemental keep shooting him while peppering them with ice lances and the occasional fireblast. Eventually hes gonna have to bubble to heal. If they get on you, ice block and wait it out until blink is back up.

Pursuit of justice is a disadvantage for you but its just not that much of a closure rate, its long enough that you can kite for a while before they catch you.

Polymorphing while they have freedom on is also an option, sure it heals them but it will eat most of the time in freedom and lets you get a cast off.

I consider myself a pretty good ret pally, but I have been absolutely destroyed by a good frost mage who knows how to manage CC with well timed burst.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:04 am  

Overlordus Ultimatus
Character: Cogfizzle

Ceraphim wrote:
(if they are specced for divine storm both are still a 1 minute cd)

AHA. That's the key I was looking for right there.

My only problem with the strat is how bloody impossible it is to sheep anything in BGs (which aren't the end-all and be-all, I know, but are where most of the action is right now) with people seemingly thinking sheep means "focus target" or tab-dotting everything.

Edit:
Also, I just learned that HoF removes stuns now with a talent most retadins are likely to pick up. That explains some of what I've seen (I've always assumed they were trinketing deep freezes) and should give me an advantage if I wait out a FoF proc for them to freedom out of frostbite.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:25 pm  

In place of a dark lord you would have a queen

Caoimhe wrote:
I think he means actually in your personal line of sight, ie, they must be in your field of view (not behind you).

... which would be stupid, because then you'd spend a lot of time worrying whether someone stepped too far to the right to be in your LOS, or stepped behind you (as in Bloodboil), or is standing on the other side of a big fat boss.

Penance works like this. I was super annoyed at first but got used to it pretty quickly.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:33 pm  

textextext

Fwamderie wrote:
Caoimhe wrote:

Penance works like this. I was super annoyed at first but got used to it pretty quickly.

They fixed it in the next patch, it will no longer have a facing requirement when cast as a heal.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:49 pm  
ARE YOU READY TO RAID, BROTHER?
Character: Essarhaddon

Interesting GC quote from http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... id=2000#13

Quote:
I think it's too early to say. We just haven't gotten to that content yet. Everything that follows beyond this point is just my random brain dumping and not our official stance:

-- Raiding is easy at the moment. Even Naxx will be pretty easy. Part of that is because we thought Karazhan, Gruul and Magtheridon were too steep a jump in difficulty from the heroics. Part of that is because most of the Naxx encounters are well-understood.
-- You will not be able to AE tank and AE burn down every encounter in Lich King like we're all doing now in Hyjal and Sunwell.
-- Very few players experienced Sunwell pre-nerf.
-- On the other hand, those that did were generally very complimentary of the encounters. Despite the difficulty, people had fun.
-- No matter how difficult we make content, very hardcore groups will probably still finish it quickly. In other words, we can't make "insanely difficult" the barrier that keeps a boss alive for months.
-- It's probably okay if some content is only seen by a few players. It just amps up the epic quotient of those fights. Everyone knew who Ragnaros was, even if they hadn't been able to beat him.
-- Obviously the preceeding is a very slippery slope and it's easy to make content too difficult or too easy.
-- Part of the reason Sunwell was difficult was it mandated raid stacking. The buff / debuff system has changed so much that we don't anticipate that happening again the same way.
-- We really like optional objectives that let skilled groups really test their mettle (and then show off about it). I'm talking about things like the 45-min Baron run, ZA bear run, and Chamber of the Aspects with all drakes up. Does this mean Arthas will be doable by many groups but the uber mode to beat him will be 10x as hard and offer better loot? We're just not there yet.

Now with more pure concentrated Evil (tm)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:45 pm  

Wrath of Air

TheDeamon wrote:
Uthadys wrote:
it could be given an alpha transparency around them or something along those lines too. Then again, I wonder if that were to happen, how many healers would opt to play the game following little green/yellow/red men around? heh.

I'd still use raid frames, once put into their desired location, they don't move around. Players do.

That's the big problem. On the other hand, a system like that would enable more depth to healing. Rather than just hoping people will be around who you AoE heal, you could more easily use healing cones or targeted aoe, or any number of mechanics where the location of the injured was just-as/more important than how injured they are at the time.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:15 pm  

textextext

Judecca wrote:
That's the big problem. On the other hand, a system like that would enable more depth to healing. Rather than just hoping people will be around who you AoE heal, you could more easily use healing cones or targeted aoe, or any number of mechanics where the location of the injured was just-as/more important than how injured they are at the time.

That's CoH and some other AoE heals to a large extent now. You want to find clumps of people missing health and drop an AoE heal cast on them.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:25 pm  

Wrath of Air

TheDeamon wrote:
Judecca wrote:

That's CoH and some other AoE heals to a large extent now. You want to find clumps of people missing health and drop an AoE heal cast on them.

Yes, except its hard to do that with the raid frames unless you have people in prearranged clusters a la Felmyst / P2 Illy. That works fine as long as the encounters that require raid healing are designed for the (rather silly looking) "stand on top of everyone" strategies, but its not exactly a deep or difficult system. IT does nothing for, say, BG healing or more chaotic and mobile fights. Back when I was raid healing, I would have loved to see where the clusters of wounded were, rather than just hoping they were around whomever I was targeting and relying on chain heal's AI.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2