CWAL Ops Wiki     CWAL Ops DKP     CWAL IRC     Manno Forums     Wowhead     CWAL Gaming     WoW Progress - Mannoroth     World of Logs - Ops 

CWAL Ops

http://youtu.be/cbpuzYtp43Q
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:55 pm

Post subject: BRB Cat In Wall - Raid Team Rules
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:49 am  
Plunder Bunny

Raid expectations:

First and foremost, don't be an ass. Really, the rest of these are just applications of this general principle.

Preparation:
In order to minimize the amount of time spent chewing glass, players are expected to have watched the Tankspot video for the bosses we're working on, so everyone at least has a vague sense of what the fight looks like. When we start progression on a new boss, before the next raid night, pull up and watch the video; 10 minutes can save us all hours of frustration.

Flasks must be self-provided. Food will be provided through feasts.

Attendance:
For raid nights, please be logged in and ready no later than 6:50. First pull at 7:10. If you can't make this time on a given night and won't be ready to kill things by 7:10, please let me know as far in advance as is practical.

Because we're a small team, attendance is critical for us to be able to raid. If you can't plan to make 80%+ of raid nights, then subbing will be a better fit for you.

If something comes up that will prevent you from raiding, please leave a note on the forums here, in the "Help, I Can't Raid" thread. This way, we'll be able to plan around the absence. More notice is better: it's much easier to make sure we have a full team if we know about it a few days in advance. If your situation is such that you can anticipate needing to post out and can't get to the forums, catch me in-game and we'll work something out.

Subbing:
To avoid single points of failure, I'm going to build a bench. In order to be fair to the people on said bench, and to make sure that there's enough distributed knowledge of boss encounters to make subbing in relatively painless, there will be a little bit of mid-raid swapping that the entire team knows all the fights, and we have multiple people capable of performing specific tasks (for instance, gong-running on Atramedes). I'm going to spread out the swaps among the team, so with 10 raid slots, any one core raider shouldn't have to sit too frequently.

If you want to be on the team as a sub, you still need to show up for raid nights when possible. For the most part, I'd like to get all 10-12 people in on any given night, depending on what fights we're working on and group composition.

Quitting
Life being what it is, there are going to be times when you find yourself needing to leave the team for whatever reason. However, doing so in a respectful manner generally means giving us all a little bit of a heads-up before you stop raiding with us, so that we can find replacements in an organized manner. I'd like to see a week's notice, or at least as much advance warning as is practical given whatever circumstances are in play. This way, we can think fondly of you in your absence.

Loot:
In short, everything will be rolled for with main spec gear for mains taking priority over off-spec and alts and upgrades taking priority over side-grades. Gear will be reviewed before loot is distributed and if the aforementioned rule set is in conflict by the winner of the roll, then the loot in question will be distributed through Loot Council.

BoE items will at first be handled like normal loot. When the time comes that the items are not a main spec upgrade to anyone, they will be sold and their gold value will be evenly distributed among the raid. Winners MUST equip the BoE gear that they receive at least once before the end of the raid with the verification of the raid leader.