CWAL Ops Wiki     CWAL Ops DKP     CWAL IRC     Manno Forums     Wowhead     CWAL Gaming     WoW Progress - Mannoroth     World of Logs - Ops 

CWAL Ops

http://youtu.be/cbpuzYtp43Q
It is currently Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:50 pm

Post subject: Hearthstone
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:43 pm  

Wrath of Air

So I recently got into the Hearthstone beta and have been playing it more than is probably good for me. I've seen a couple people pop up in the bnet list so I figured I would make a post.

I'm still trying to scrape together the cards I need but hit me up if you want to play a round (I assume we can do this... haven't actually tried <.<).

Edit: My battle tag has changed from BattleTag to TomFoolery(#1388)

Post subject: Re: Hearthstone
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:59 pm  

Now > Ever

Ah, I was wondering about that name. Good to know :p

I think I just suck at the game. Either that or Priests are OP with Mind Control - 1 card to give yourself a minion and remove nearly any enemy minion. Plus unless you stack the deck with 4-power creatures SW:P and SW:D dominate for removal.

The best momentum-builder I've had was in Arena with a Mage. Got the coin and on my turn played Mana Wyrm followed by a coined mirror image. Turn 1 3/3 and 2 0/2 taunters is an awesome way to start lol

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:59 pm  

Wrath of Air

Uthadys wrote:
Ah, I was wondering about that name. Good to know :p

Haha yeah, I originally did BattleTag as a joke, but I was happy they allowed a free name change since I like the TomFoolery handle a lot better.

Uthadys wrote:
I think I just suck at the game. Either that or Priests are OP with Mind Control - 1 card to give yourself a minion and remove nearly any enemy minion. Plus unless you stack the deck with 4-power creatures SW:P and SW:D dominate for removal.

The best momentum-builder I've had was in Arena with a Mage. Got the coin and on my turn played Mana Wyrm followed by a coined mirror image. Turn 1 3/3 and 2 0/2 taunters is an awesome way to start lol

Yeah priests are annoying with MC, which is why it was just nerfed. However, everyone shifted their meta game to swarms of low cost minions to avoid it which heavily favored mages (stupid flame strike and blizzard).

My favorite classes so far, though, are druid and shaman. Sadly, I still don't have many of the core class cards I really need to round them out yet.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:24 pm  

Wrath of Air

I'm liking the new rank system, though I will be glad when it settles down.

At rank 20 currently, but keep running into people with Rag, Sylvanas, and Ysera; clearly not people appropriate for this rank :P My poor Nat Pagel just can't compare.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:30 am  

Wrath of Air

Digging my druid deck...

Really hope the rank curve gets smoothed out soon though, getting sick of getting smushed against 3 late game legendaries.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:08 am  

Wrath of Air

Looks like a big wave just went through; hope a bunch got in!

Hit me up if you want to play

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:55 pm  

r awesome

I've been interested in this, but must have missed it. Ohh well I think there is an open beta comming in a couple weeks.

-
Its true.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:56 am  

Wrath of Air

That's the rumor anyway, they are a bit behind schedule.

Look me up when you get in Bontron!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:06 am  

Wrath of Air

I've been having some success with an ultra aggressive rogue deck (feels good to be roguing again :P). Bouncing between rank 14 and 15 now, but the lack of good legendaries is really starting to hurt.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:57 am  

Wrath of Air

Made it to rank 10!

Loving the rogue (of course), but really feeling the lack of "essential" legendaries now :-/

Also every other opponent is a damn murlock.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:28 pm  

Plunder Bunny
Character: Harken

Mine is actually Harken on Hearthstone. I have better luck with the priest or mage.... Priest MC takes care of the big legendaries.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:19 pm  

Plunder Bunny
Character: Killswitch/Scoto

I loved the rogue until they changed the rogue power like 2 months ago or somewhere because you used to be able to boost your attack with a second application but I guess it was too powerful so they removed it.

Each class has their bonuses but generally speaking I think my top 3 favs (in no order) is druid, mage and priest.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:27 am  

Wrath of Air

Yeah I really like Druid but I only have 1 Ancient (of Lore) and it would really benefit from the other 3. Sadly it seems like it will be a while until I can get them. Druid also really shines late game where, unfortunately, a lot of the great legendaries that I don't have also shine.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:58 pm  

Wrath of Air

Man a huge bunch of changes. Still only really having luck with Rogue, though I think weirdly they are the least non-basic card dependent class in game now which might be why.

Meanwhile I have the Paladin legendary taunting me since I don't really like the Paladin play style...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:45 pm  

Wrath of Air

Just a heads up, Hearthstone is officially in Open Beta for those of you who never got into the closed one.