CWAL Ops Wiki     CWAL Ops DKP     CWAL IRC     Manno Forums     Wowhead     CWAL Gaming     WoW Progress - Mannoroth     World of Logs - Ops 

CWAL Ops

http://youtu.be/cbpuzYtp43Q
It is currently Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:58 pm

Post subject: I'm not sure if Arma or Garfie should be blamed for this...
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:05 pm  

textextext

and frankly, my memory on that is fuzzy, but I recall the source of that rumor was from somebody in CWAL. (And I know, months behind, but nobody has posted in here about this)

Just for kicks I decided to poke my head into the Manno Realm Forums and found this:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13816401549
Quote:
I don't know whether anyone has asked about this, but I read that he'd played the Warcraft series since before WoW existed and made Mannoroth his home. Did any of you play with him, and what can you relate about your experiences with him?

Which lead to some digging as to why he thought this...

http://www.salon.com/2014/08/12/robin_w ... f_its_own/
Quote:
Now players might just stumble across Williams in a game after all. The idea to memorialize Robin Williams as a “World of Warcraft” Non-Player Character was born in a “World of Warcraft” forum on Monday night, and within hours, a Change.org petition had been created to do just that. The petition contextualizes Williams firmly within the gaming community, not as a celebrity, but as one of them: “It was reported that Robin used to play on the Mannoroth server, and was something of a troll in trade on good days or when anonymity allowed. … Because of his presence within our community, we the players of ‘World of Warcraft’ are asking Blizzard to kindly create an NPC within the game that memorializes the actor/comedian. Many have expressed a wish [that] this character perform some of Williams’ best jokes within the World’s End Tavern, so that he may continue making us smile long after his passing.”

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... Zelda.html

Quote:
Now plans are said to be place for World of Warcraft to memorialise the actor as a non-playing character in the game after 11,000 fans signed a petition to urging the game's makers to pay tribute to the 63-year-old.
The petition was created on the website change.org and urged game makers Blizzard to create the character.
It stated: 'It was reported that Robin used to play on the Mannoroth server, and was something of a troll in trade on good days or when anonymity allowed.

Post subject: Re: I'm not sure if Arma or Garfie should be blamed for this...
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:34 am  

Plunder Bunny

That was all Garfie.

Post subject: Re: I'm not sure if Arma or Garfie should be blamed for this...
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:23 pm  

Plunder Bunny
Character: Priska

RIP Garfie.