CWAL Ops Wiki     CWAL Ops DKP     CWAL IRC     Manno Forums     Wowhead     CWAL Gaming     WoW Progress - Mannoroth     World of Logs - Ops 

CWAL Ops

http://youtu.be/cbpuzYtp43Q
It is currently Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:26 am

Post subject: Fun WoD 'Facts'
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:06 pm  

Plunder Bunny
Character: Priska

Your garrison is essentially your main base instead of there being a central capitol for everyone.
You can (if in a party) visit the party leader's garrison. I don't know if that works in raids or not for the purpose of getting more people in.
Every region has an outpost for your garrison. You do a quest, and save the outpost and they ally to you, or you just build it there because there's space. You'll get a choice of two different buildings to put up.
Nagrand for example has a choice of putting up some engineering shop or a stables. I chose stables so I have a talbuk I can summon in nagrand that I don't have to get off of, ever. The other thing would have been some tank, but it seemed less useful because it just shoots things for a while and then leaves as far as I understood the 'flavor' text.

Your garrison can supplument for skills you don't have. For example; I don't have blacksmithing. but an NPC i assigned to my lvl 2 smithy does. so I just get her to make things for me. Nowhere near as good as actually being a smith but there are some nice things. I can also get a 'don't take durability damage for 4 hours' buff as well

Other buildings have different perks. If I upgrade my inn I'll be able to have one of my garrison npc's follow me around and punch things with me. if I upgrade my stables some more (the garrison version is a bit different) I can get a 20% speed increase. I think the stables also lets you get mounts you might not otherwise be able to get. I'm not clear on that however, i'v been neglecting stables quests. (they require you to travel across the world and are really boring).

If you play WoD as soon as your garrison progresses to you being able to pick and choose buildings, I strongly suggest you pick lumber mill first as it is the fastest way to work up supplies to expand your garrison.

That's all I can think of blabbing for now except this one thing:

On the 10th anniversary of WoW, Molten Core will be upgraded temporarily as a 40 man raid targeted at lvl 100 players. Sort of like how there's seasonal bosses. If you are in with a group that takes down ragnaros before the event ends, you will get a corehound mount.

Also: Hi everyone.

Post subject: Re: Fun WoD 'Facts'
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:34 am  

Plunder Bunny
Character: Priska

Another note: heroics don't have epics anymore. How it works is there's a chance it will auto-re-roll as an epic. You can increase this chance with some garrison building perks. It happens fairly often and you can just keep doing the heroic until it rolls the items you want as epic.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:37 am  

Now > Ever

that... sounds incredibly grindy.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:03 pm  

Plunder Bunny
Character: Maec

Gotta get people to play and keep paying some how, why not with grindy grind =p